The Writing Center provides students with help planning, drafting, documenting, revising, or editing their papers!
Frequently Asked Questions
The Writing Center is in Building 8 (LEC) Room 2 (Conference Room).
We work with students one-on-one and in groups to help them improve their writing skills and meet the requirements for their assignments.
Certainly! They will only need to go to the schedule, click on online and e-tutoring and upload their papers. If they choose online, they can virtually meet with their tutors.
- Go to BCC’s WC Online portal: https://bladencc.mywconline.com/
- Click on “Register for an account” and use your BCC email address to create the account in order to access the Writing Center schedule.
- Log in using your email address and password.
- View Term Schedule for appointments.
- Click on an opening (i.e. white spaces) – with a day and time that work for you!
- Complete the appointment information and save the appointment.
- Check your email for an automated confirmation of your appointment.
- Log in and select the schedule for your appointment.
- Select the appointment you wish to modify or cancel.
- Make your changes then click “Save Changes” OR click “Cancel This Appointment.”
- practice writing essays
- improve your reading skills
- review your grammar
- take the placement test (if needed)
Our tutors will provide you with feedback which will help you become aware of some writing strategies that you can apply to write more effectively.
An important resource you may want to consult as you are preparing for your writing assignments is https://www.premiernursingacademy.org/resources/writing-style-guide.